Subodh Jena Kumar is based in Orissa, India
We had a very fruitful Feeding Event at Madinata. The Lord did wonderful miracles of healing. Cancer was healed, blind eyes were opened, and many other miraculous healings took place. The people are very uneducated and belong to the KandhuKui. Most of them do not know even the name of Jesus Christ. The Lord helped us to reach them with the gospel. You can see some of the women’s faces painted very unusually. We asked them why. They told us that since they are from a low and untouchable class, the kings and other high class people exploit them in a very immoral way. Because of that they paint their faces in such a strange way.
Subodh’s wife Rosy in the center with tribal women
(note the woman at the right with her face painted)
The weather was very cold in Orissa. Where we went it was 0o Celsius, but thank God we had a wonderful program and we returned safely with our family.
Let me begin with a miracle which took place over the telephone. We were in a lodge at Baliguda, and early in the morning we were supposed to go to Madinata. On Thursday evening a phone call came from Bhubaneswar Hospital (the capital of Orissa) which was around 550 km away. A Hindu woman named Puspanjali had been hospitalized for a few days. The doctor did not diagnose her disease, and so somehow they got our telephone number and called me. At that time I ministered to her over the phone. Early the following morning at 3 am she went outside to go to the bathroom. Afterwards she started shivering and her body became very cold, and she could not function. At 3 am I ministered to her and at that very moment she was touched by the Lord. In the morning her husband called and informed us that she was alright and had slept well.
Above & below: listeming to the good news of Jesus Christ
Tribal people accepting Christ as Lord and Savior at the event
1. For three months a man named Bhagaban Sipka had suffered much from cancer in his stomach. He knew that any day he could die. His stomach was swollen, he felt discomfort, and at times he would vomit. Unable to bear the pain he would just lie on his bed. He was very poor so he could not go to the big hospital for better treatment. At the advice of a local doctor he used to take medication. He had planned to sell his land and go to Vishakhapatna Hospital for treatment. He came to the meeting with a swollen and painful stomach. But the Almighty God graciously touched him. He had been in much pain. Suddenly the pain and swelling vanished. Almost everyone there knew about his cancer. He was so glad and thankful to God that he had been healed.
2. A woman named Santhi Devi was blind. For two years she had been blind since her operation for Malakanthaka (?) disease. She had lost her eyesight. With expectation she came to the meeting. While the healing ministry was going on, she felt something like electric power enter her. Suddenly she felt that she was healed. Looking around she could see clearly and visibly! We checked her, and her sight was in fact totally restored. [Editor’s note: Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.]
The blind see: Santhi Devi testifying what Jesus did for her
3. An elderly woman named Sulachana who was blind came to the event led by her grandson. She was in the back row not really knowing what was going on. But someone had told her that healing prayer and ministry would take place there and that she could come and attend. She just came…and the Lord touched and healed her. We were about to close the program when at the last moment she came and told us that the Lord had healed her. “I am able to see now…”
Sulachana can see
4. A young man named Luna was told by his parents not to attend the Feeding Event. But he came anyway and attended the meeting since he was suffering from chest pain. The Lord touched him there and healed him. With many tears he testified what the Lord had done for him.
5. A young man named Rakesh had had severe pain for six months. He had been unable to raise his hand. But then I said, “if you want to receive the Christ as your personal Saviour, please raise your hand.” He did not know how he was going to raise his hand. But when he checked, the pain was gone. There was no pain at all, and he believed the Lord Jesus had healed him.
6. A gentleman named Bijay had asthma and experienced great difficulty breathing. Whenever he took a breath he would feel pain in his chest. Sometimes he could not even speak. But at the event the Lord touched and healed him, and he was able to breathe easily with no pain in his chest.
7. Siva Sambhu had fallen from a mango tree, fracturing his leg and requiring an operation on his knee. After that he was no longer able to climb the tree and to ride a bicycle because he could not bend his knee. But Almighty God healed him wonderfully. He was able to bend his knee and walk normally.
8. A woman named Dolly was suffering from a migraine headache. Whatever medicine she took for the pain did not bring relief. When the pain started she would stand at the door and hold on to it, crying because the pain was so severe. But the Lord healed her. She experienced the touch of God and was delivered from her pain.
9. A woman named Bindulata had back pain. She used to work in a hotel as a floor cleaner, but one day while she was working suddenly she heard a sound in her backbone. The pain was terrible. They took her to hospital and she was there for two days. After she was given some medication she went home, but she could not go back to the hotel because she could not bend down to clean the floor. Thank God the Lord healed her miraculously, and she was able to bend over freely. And she told us that she would go back to work in the hotel the very next day.
10. A woman named Suranjita had been suffering from a problem in her uterus for two years. Doctors advised her to undergo an operation, but she had no money. Miraculously God touched her, and she believed that she had been healed.
Praise God, seeing the miracles one hundred and eighty five people came to Christ.
Thank you so much for helping us to reach such a needy people group who do not know anything about Christ. These people do not even know the Oriya language—the language of Orissa—fluently; they speak their own tribal language. We are very privileged to be part of your ministry, and to reach them with healing and miracles.
Feeding the tribal people