Pastor miraculously healed of hiatal hernia symptoms  

January 31, 2017 – “Part of my desire to attend the January 27-28 Elijah Challenge Training was that I was experiencing what I think was a hiatal hernia. Now, it was not officially diagnosed by a doctor, but the symptoms seemed similar to what we read. Beginning last Monday or Tuesday, it was a feeling of slight discomfort, basically to the right of, as well as below, my heart. It seemed to be a feeling of gas or “rolling” about twice a minute. Not pain, just discomfort. As the week went on, it got progressively worse. Never sharp pain, but awareness that something wasn’t right. Went to my Primary Care Physician on Thursday, who did an EKG (which was fine) and ordered an x-ray to check for a hiatal hernia. Since it’s part of the stomach muscle seeping up through the diaphragm, an x-ray would not necessarily pick it up. I had the x-ray Friday, and the results on Monday were “clear”/inconclusive. Friday night woke up with pain and a definite feeling that something was wrong in my upper left stomach. 

I went to The Elijah Challenge Training, and had Tom and Roger pray over me during one of the breaks. Felt like it got a little better, but after three rounds I was content with it feeling better than it had been even though, it was not completely gone. Saturday night woke up at 3 am with the worst pain yet (probably a 6-7 on a scale of 10, not incapacitating but enough to hinder good sleep).

Tom was part of the group I met at Keaton’s Sunday afternoon. As he and Roger were heading out first, I was standing by the door, and he quickly asked me how I was feeling. I kind of shrugged my shoulders, admitting it didn’t feel well. He laid his hand on me as he was practically walking out the door and just said, “Jesus heals you.” Part of me thinks I felt a tingling as he did so, though that may have just been me just really wanting a tangible feeling. At that moment it didn’t strike me that was any instantaneous change. As the afternoon went on I didn’t notice anything, since Sue and I were busy ministering. But that evening as I went to bed, I noticed there was no discomfort at all. Monday morning it felt fine too; I barely anything noticeable other than a few rumbles every so often. As the day went on I felt completely fine. Today I felt like it was starting to come back, but I rebuked it and commanded healing in Jesus’ name, and I haven’t felt anywhere near the pain and discomfort I had last week. I’m taking it by faith that Jesus healed it through Tom’s hand Sunday afternoon.”

February 1 – “Did some core exercises this morning and feel fine!”

February 2 – “Yes, I’m believing that it’s healed. Not entirely sure it was a hernia, but it definitely seemed to fit the symptoms and was noticeably painful Saturday night. Did some running and sit-ups today, plus the core exercises yesterday—and feel great.”

February 8 – “Everything still feels fine, no pain.”

Woman miraculously set free from severe fear and anxiety attacks

“Mona” had been experiencing severe and prolonged attacks of fear and anxiety ever since her recent stay at a hotel. During one of the Training Sessions, disciples present ministered to her with the Lord’s authority.

February 1 – “Yes, I have been much better I am able to sleep well and I have not experienced any anxiety since Saturday, January 28. I feel good and I also have a feeling of strength…my fear has gone! Thank you for praying for me and all that you are doing in God’s name; it truly is wonderful.”

February 9 – “I have felt wonderful, like I have been released from a stronghold. Nothing since then [the Training] has been able to penetrate back in—and believe me there is so much going on in my life where it has tried. I feel like I have a shield over me and nothing can attack me anymore.”

Healing at a distance between Texas and Seattle (as Jesus did in Luke 7)

Accompanying another sister in Christ, Rebekah had come to the Training from Seattle up in the Northwest. Her mother back in Seattle had been suffering from a mysterious ailment. Even after exhaustive tests, doctors had been unable to diagnose her condition which caused painful swelling in her hands and feet. During one of our Training sessions, Rebekah came to the front with her mobile phone with her mother on the line. Then we led Rebekah in speaking to her mother over her phone with authority in Jesus’ name. At that moment her mother physically felt the Lord’s healing power at work in her hands and feet. The pain and swelling began to subside, and movement was being restored to her hands and feet. Each time we ministered to her, she physically felt the Lord’s power at work healing her hands and feet.

After Rebekah returned home to Seattle, we received the following testimony from her teammate:

February 1 – “I thought you might enjoy hearing what Rebekah’s mother told us when we got home. She said that when she would rebuke the infirmity with authority [as we taught her to do], she would hear everyone’s voices again and power and heat would pass through her like it did when she was on the phone with us during the Training last week. So amazing!”

Ministering miraculous healing—door to door and at a distance—to Muslims

On Sunday afternoon following the Training we sent some of the newly-trained believers to an apartment complex where over 90% of the residents are Muslims. The following are two testimonies from that outreach. 

“We met at approximately 11:00 AM with some other trained believers where we decided to split up and go door-to-door. Prior to this we had spoken to Kenneth [not his real name], who could not attend but left great instructions.

As with the other groups we did run into some rejection, but with the people we did minister to the outcomes were awesome. One of the more noticeable was a young woman who had a sick parent residing in Pakistan. The others had made contact but moved to the apartment next door. When I saw her come back to the door, I greeted her (As-salāmu alaykum)  and asked if she needed prayer. She indicated that she had a sick mother and we began to pray for her mother. As she watched on Face-Time using an IPad, her mot her began to cry because the pain in her body was leaving and she exclaimed that she felt the presence of God (Allah) entering into her body. The lady at the door was very joyous and began to weep, through her tears she thanked us, and we prayed over the entire family before we moved on. (Kenneth will follow up on this woman.)

In retrospect, the street ministry is a great way to demonstrate the power of God. I do believe that your teaching is helping all of us move into uncharted waters that will yield much good fruit. Thank you so much for your teaching and encouragement.”

Another testimony from that Sunday afternoon:

“There were about 14 or so of us gathered at Kenneth’s apartment. We prayed and were led in cultural ways before heading out two by two. Nathan and I paired up and Kenneth took us to a specific area of his complex. As we knocked on doors we were pleasantly received by each one that opened their doors. Most were very hospitable. Some did not answer their door, and others were eating or other business. 

Four highlights:

  1. The first person that needed healing was a “huge mountain.” This family was from Africa (Congo). A young man with shivered legs and mentally handicapped since he was 15. We commanded healing over him a few times. We asked his brother to translate since he didn’t speak English or understand us. The brother told us that he said he felt much better and happier when we prayed over him. He was still in pain but lessened. We blessed their household in the name of Jesus (“Isa”). 
  1. The second lady that we had the opportunity to minister to was sick. She had fever and congestion. We asked if we could come in and pray over her and bless her household. She welcomed us into her home. I laid hands on her and Nathan also commended healing over her in Jesus’ name. After the first time, we asked how she felt. She took a deep breath and was amazed that she could breathe!  Her congestion had left. Then we rebuked the fever and it went down as well. We told her that it was in the name of Jesus and that he had healed her. Nathan presented the gospel. We then asked if she would like to accept Jesus as her Savior. She said YES!  We prayed together with her as she accepted Jesus!  Praise God for all of this!
  1. We were welcomed into another Muslim home with a lady having fever and sore throat. She said her husband was sick also, but not home. She said that another person came to her and told her about Jesus. We laid hands on her and commanded in Jesus name. After doing this three times, she did feel a little better.  I told her that she will be completely healed very soon. We prayed blessing over her and her household in the name of Jesus. 
  1. The last household we knocked on was the household with a man and his two daughters. He was so welcoming and we had a conversation about where he was from (Pakistan) and he has been here about one year. He said he is a cardiologist in Pakistan and hopes to one day practice here also. After asking if he needed healing for any health issues, he said no and he felt fine. After the Lord gave me a word, I asked how his knees were feeling. He admitted that his left knee hurt as well as lower back pain. Nathan immediately asked if we could pray over his back and we did. The first time, he said it felt 50% better. The second time it was gone!  Nathan told him the gospel message and we asked him if he would want to accept Jesus as his Savior. He said he believed in Jesus as well as Mohammad and that Christianity and Islam are all the same. He said that is what he teaches his daughters also. At this time (after a long discussion), we decided it was time to move on. We prayed blessing over his him and his household. 

Brother Kenneth will be doing follow up. He did know a few of these people already. Seeds were planted and others watered, people were healed, and even one accepted Jesus!”