The impact of The Elijah Challenge: 2000 – 2010
Since our founding in 2000, the Lord has been gracious to use The Elijah Challenge to train tens of thousands of believers on six continents for the fulfillment of the Great Commission. Here are just a few of many testimonies and reports from the field:
- In Africa alone, we have trained pastors, leaders, and believers in 13 countries.
- Our Training Centre Director in New Delhi has reported to us that churches trained by The Elijah Challenge are now the fastest-growing congregations in North India.
- Between July 2007 and July 2010 in North India, 42 churches were planted and 11,346 people (predominantly Hindus) accepted the Lord Jesus Christ in mostly unreached villages through Elijah Challenge Healing & Feeding Events.
- In the Philippines, Elijah Challenge-trained servants of God witness New Testament miracles consistently as they proclaim the kingdom of God.
- In New York, over 850 people were healed in the streets, in stores and in homes in the two months following the training of a local ministry in 2009.
- In Brazil, Elijah Challenge-trained disciples went from home-to-home and to the streets over a period of six days in July 2010. During that time 1,920 people were healed of infirmities and 1,440 people accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- In various nations of the world the Lord has raised up regional Elijah Challenge Coordinators to teach the Basic Training to local churches and disciples.
- Videos of The Elijah Challenge Basic Training have been downloaded from the internet well over 3,000 times without charge.
Earlier this decade we held historic Campaigns like those in Vietnam and Egypt, but now our work is following Scripture closely and conservatively to train nameless disciples how to use authority to heal the sick as Jesus taught and commanded His disciples in Luke 10:9 when He sent them out. “Heal the sick who are there and tell them, ‘The kingdom of God is near you.’” The sick are healed to demonstrate to the lost and backslidden that Jesus is the only way to the Father and to bring them to repentance.
Below are recent reports from nameless disciples who have been trained. More information
Our overhead is minimal
With the Lord’s help we have been able to be very efficient with the finances He has entrusted to us. We keep our operating expenses very low.
- We do not have the expenses of operating a “bricks and mortar” office or facility. Our office presence is on the internet.
- We do not have a paid staff.
- We do not own a jet airplane (or any airplane at all for that matter) for ministry travel.
- We fly Economy Class when we travel, and do not ask for 5-star hotel accommodations.
- We do not spend funds in order to raise more funds.
- We do not pay any mortgage.
- We own one automobile which is very fuel-efficient.
- We have not needed to take a formal vacation in four years. (One is scheduled for January 2011.)
- We do not have health insurance coverage, but instead take very good care of our physical bodies with proper diet and regular exercise.
- We do not set aside funds for retirement at this time although we are not far from retirement age. We will serve the Lord actively until He takes us on from this life. Psalm 92:14 [The righteous] will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green…
- Our personal income from the ministry is minimal and commensurate with our modest standard of living.
- We have lived by faith for many of our 32 years in full-time ministry, the first nine years of which were spent as missionaries in primitive, unreached regions of Indonesian Borneo.
- We have chosen to store our treasure in heaven for the age to come. Luke 14:33 “In the same way, any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple.”
Although The Elijah Challenge has had significant impact in areas around the world in equipping the Church for the Great Commission, we can have even greater impact when greater financial resources are available to us.
If you are looking for a high-impact yet low-overhead ministry to support financially as part of your obedience to the Great Commission, do consider The Elijah Challenge ~
Write us at [email protected] if you’d like to know more.
The Elijah Challenge is a 501(c)(3) non-profit church organization and all donations are tax deductible.