Reports received from Elijah Challenge Orissa Coordinator Pastor Subodh Jena
Luke 9:1 When Jesus had called the Twelve together, he gave them power and authority to drive out all demons and to cure diseases, 2 and he sent them out to proclaim the kingdom of God and to heal the sick. …6 So they set out and went from village to village, proclaiming the good news and healing people everywhere.
Luke 10:9 Heal the sick who are there and tell them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.’ …17 The seventy-two returned with joy and said, “Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name.”
“Our trained Elijah Challenge servants of God are going from village to village preaching the gospel and ministering to the sick—just as Jesus commanded his Twelve and seventy-two disciples—and reaching unreached areas for the gospel. Here are a few reports.
- In a village a man was suffering from demon-possession due to a sorcerer causing him much difficulty. For three months he suffered during urination. The doctor could not find any cause. In desperation they came to us after hearing about us from some others. Along with our trained disciples we ministered to him effectively in the name of Jesus Christ. Afterwards they asked us to visit them in their village. Praise the Lord around six people accepted Christ in that village during our visit.
- A man named Manas Majhi was suffering much due to the gastritis. Despite taking medication his health was still in danger. Our Elijah Challenge Pastor laid hands on him, ministering to him over three days. The Lord graciously touched him and healed him from the gastritis. He acknowledged that he would not have survived except for our Lord Jesus healing him miraculously.
- In a certain family both wife and husband had been suffering from arthritis for a long time. Our Elijah Challenge servants of God went to their village and ministered to them. Our gracious Lord healed them miraculously, and all their pain left.
- A boy, 11 years of age, was demonised. He was not able to open his eyes. and could not stand. He was able to see a demon and could describe how the appearance of the demon. As our worker commanded the demon to leave, the boy began to act strangely and crawled on the ground like snake. Then the demon left the boy. Praise the Lord two families accepted Christ following this miracle.
- In another area a similar incident took place. A young lady was demonised, biting her leg and parts of her body. When our workers ministered to her, the demon said that it would go and not remain in her body. Two to three times our workers rebuked the demon in Jesus’ name, commanding it to leave. The demon left.
- A young man named Bikram was suffering from a mental disorder. He was 24/7 not in his right mind. Whenever he felt like going out, he would leave without saying a word to anyone. When he spoke, he would be unable to stop. At times he would just fall completely silent. After our trained workers ministered to him in Jesus’ name, he was healed and restored to his right mind. Now he is normal and mentally stable.”
Luke 10:17 The seventy-two returned with joy and said, “Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name.”