Reports from participants following The Elijah Challenge Basic Training
Report by Thomas Keiffer: no longer welcome in Romania
Thomas Keiffer is an attorney now serving full-time with e3 Partners who went on a mission trip to Romania shortly after the Basic Training
“There are numerous stories to share with you concerning Romania. People were healed, delivered and saved. Here are only a few:
* A 10-year-old was instantly healed of a vision problem. When asked to explain to a bystander what Jesus had done for him, the boy simply said, “He made my eyes good.”
* A woman walking with her husband of 46 years was on her way to market, carrying a load of socks and shirts to sell. She had a back injury from an automobile accident. She was instantly healed of pain while her husband wept tears of joy. Both were saved.
* A woman leaving a makeshift medical clinic was instantly freed of arthritis pain in her legs (yes, before taking any medication). She put her faith in the Lord as her savior.
* A pastor still suffering pain after back surgery was instantly relieved of pain. He exclaimed loudly, “This is very interesting! What are you doing to me? That pain is gone. You must explain this to me!” And we did.
* A nervous woman reported hearing a voice at night, telling her to commit suicide by throwing herself down a well. She was delivered of that evil spirit. Asked how she was doing, she responded, “bene (good)!”
Miraculous demonstrations of the power of God based on the authority of Jesus Christ – or delusional anecdotes?
Jesus said, “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also ….” John 14:12
After sending you the last e-mail about the grip of religion on Romania, I received a phone call confirming that we are on the right track.
I learned that I am not welcome to return to Romania because local religious leaders are not comfortable with my taking the initiative in regard to healing and spiritual warfare. Although I was told I had done nothing wrong, I nevertheless “blew some fuses.”
My friend Gary made me laugh when he said to me, “What happened – you got caught healing on the Sabbath?”
My daughter Charley put it this way – “You mean that they are more comfortable with disease and demons [then with healing and deliverance]?”
We love Romania. The people, history, culture and food. I’ve been there five times, and was looking forward to bringing my family there next summer. We have had two Romanian students live with us. We helped build a house to establish a local village church. We have a Romanian flag in our home, and even named a stray dog that we recently adopted, “Gypsy.” We were really looking forward to the privilege of serving in Romania.
Where does this leave us? On an adventure of course!
I’ve been asked to take on the role of country strategist; meaning that I can choose from a list of target countries and start church planting from scratch. So, I’ve gone from a team leader to a country leader in one phone call (and still don’t know exactly what a “church planter” is). Could this be the Peter Principle at work? Perhaps, but I’m not the one who’s going to accomplish anything anyway. It’s all up to the Lord. My goal is simply to be turned over to him.
I certainly have some mixed feelings, especially since I don’t know where to go next. It’s like being dumped by your first girlfriend, and the right one hasn’t come along yet. Please pray for Lisa and me to know the Lord’s will for us.”
Testimony by Debi Frey: gall stones turn to “sludge”
Debi is with Frey Consulting Group in Mandeville, Louisiana
“I had a severe gall bladder attack! This had never happened to me before.
I went to the Emergency Room at my husband Kenny’s urging at 4:30 am Saturday morning. The ER doctor reported that the radiologist saw gall stones and I would have to have my gall bladder removed.
At once, our faithful friends, the Featherstons (Cindy), whom you met here in Covington, Louisiana and my husband, Kenny, both commanded the gall stones to be gone in Jesus’ Name.
The surgeon was not ready to operate on Saturday, as he wanted a gastroenterologist to confirm his findings. On Sunday, I had a nuclear test. They found NO gall stones, only some residual “sludge”. Praise Jesus! Loved hearing that report!
I was released from the hospital with my gall bladder in place yesterday afternoon.
Many FRUITFUL appointments for you and we praise the God of Heaven for the FAITH OF GOD taught and brought by you to us!!!
We have used the powerful truth of AUTHORITY and FAITH OF GOD on many occasions since you were here in Covington, in private settings with very good results. I have shared your teaching (using God’s discernment) with a couple of other people who were very receptive to it. We look forward to our next “public” display of God’s proving He is the One True God through miraculous healing signs for the unbelievers to come to know Him as Savior. We have a meeting on Monday evening next week!”